Post-Judgment Modifications and Enforcement

After a divorce is final, circumstances may change and require the modification of part of the agreement. Making an informal change to the agreement may seem like a good idea; however, you can be held in contempt of court for not following the original order. A family law attorney should handle these post-judgment modifications in order to avoid any legal concerns.

The Law Offices of David M. Lederman is a family law firm with extensive experience handling post-decree modifications. We help clients officially modify family law agreements. We work to establish new agreements that better serve our clients' circumstances and needs.

Our firm handles modifications involving:

Call 866-463-2149 or send us an email to arrange a consultation.

A Significant Change in Circumstances

Your family's circumstances played a considerable role in designing the original custody or support orders. The court should have made its decision on what it believed to be your child's best interests. There must be a very good reason to alter the order in order for a modification to be approved.

Modifications can be made provided there is a significant change in family circumstances. Examples include:

  • The custodial parent is abusive or puts the child in harm.
  • A parent wants to relocate to another city or state.
  • A child's school schedule is no longer conducive to the visitation plan.
  • The needs of your child changed over time.

Our attorneys understand that circumstances change and that an agreement made years or even months ago may no longer serve your needs. We can handle all the legal aspects regarding modifying a court order. We will help you draft a new agreement designed for your future.

Contact a Post-Judgment Modifications Attorney

To schedule a consultation regarding post-judgment modification of a child custody, visitation or support agreement, contact the Law Offices of David M. Lederman at 866-463-2149 or send us an email.